Serves: 4 people
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Genius bread, bagels, artisan loaves or rolls – all are packed with fibre!
8 medium round tomatoes, halved
2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
A pinch of chili flakes
1/4 tsp ground cumin
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 cinnamon stick
1 tsp sea salt flakes
Ground black pepper, to taste
400g tin chopped tomatoes
500ml vegetable stock
2x 400g butter beans, drained
2 large handfuls kale, stems removed, roughly chopped
1. Place a large saucepan on a medium heat, add the olive oil and tomatoes - cut side down. Cook gently, low and slow! When they’re ready it’ll be like they’re taking their jackets off on a hot sunny day.
2. Add the chili flakes, cumin, crushed garlic, cinnamon stick, salt and pepper. Did you know that herbs and spices help to maintain a tip top gut? They can aid digestion and reduce inflammation!
3. Allow this to cook out for a couple of minutes then add the stock and chopped tomatoes. Simmer for 15-20 minutes.
4. Add the drained butter beans and roughly chopped kale. Stir through the soup and heat until the beans are hot and the kale is wilted.
5. Serve with a little harissa for extra spice and our soft and tasty gluten free bread or rolls. Most people could do with eating more fibre - this ‘soup-er’ nourishing dish will help you increase your fibre today - fantastic!