Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
4 Slices Genius Soft Brown Farmhouse bread
2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 Large red onion, halved and thinly sliced
Juice of 1 lemon
85g Butter diced
250ml live yoghurt
1 Clove garlic peeled and finely chopped
1tsp Ground cumin
1/2 Tsp Dried chilli flakes
2 Tbsp. of roughly chopped mint, leaves
GUT BONUS: Add 100g asparagus tips, each cut into three pieces to be extra kind to your gut.
1. Brush both sides of our soft and tasty gluten free bread with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake in an oven preheated to 200’C for 5-10 minutes or until golden brown.
2. Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a non-stick frying pan over a low–medium heat. Gently fry the onion and asparagus with salt, pepper, fragrant cumin and chilli until soft.
3. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon into a bowl. Mix with the lemon juice.
4. Return the pan to the heat and fry the eggs until the whites are set but the yolks are still mouth-wateringly runny.
5. Place the high fibre toast slices on a serving dish and dollop a dessert spoon of live yoghurt bursting with good bacteria onto each slice to really show your gut some love. Then top with the spicy fried onions and asparagus, followed by the eggs.
6. Sprinkle with mint and serve immediately. You can also sprinkle with seeds for an added high fibre crunch!