Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 onion - peeled and finely sliced
2 cloves of garlic - peeled and finely chopped
2 red peppers - cored and finely sliced
1 fresh red chilli - deseeded and finely chopped
1 chipotle chilli
2 tsp. smoked paprika
2x 400g tins of chopped tomatoes
1x 400g tin black beans
1 lime – zest and juice
1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves, roughly chopped
2 tablespoons fresh coriander, roughly chopped
6 large free-range eggs
6 Genius wraps
Your choice of guacamole, sour cream / live yogurt and cheese
1. Gently heat the oil in a large frying pan. If you can find the matching lid keep this to hand and if not silver foil will do the trick.
2. Add the onion, garlic, peppers, fresh red chilli, dried chipotle chilli and smoked paprika to the pan. Season with a good pinch of salt and pepper, cover with the lid and gently cook for 15 minutes or until softened.
3. Pour in the tomatoes, black beans, lime juice and oregano. Let it bubble for 10 minutes to thicken the sauce then stir in the lime zest and coriander.
4. When the sauce has thickened, use a spoon to make 6 small wells. Break the eggs into the wells and cover the pan with the lid. Cook for around 3 to 4 minutes and pop the wraps in the microwave or heat through in a separate dry pan.
5. When the eggs are ready, turn the heat off and take the pan straight to the table with the warmed wraps and topping. Super simple but it will wow your guests. Dig in!