Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
1 pack of Genius gluten free Stonebaked Pitta
2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, pressed or chopped
3 red peppers, de-seeded and sliced
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tin chopped tomatoes
3 medium eggs
Salt and pepper
1. Heat the extra virgin olive oil in a large heavy bottomed skillet or frying pan, add the chopped onion and gently fry for a few minutes until softened.
2. Add the glorious garlic and peppers to the pan and continue to cook over a medium heat for another 4-5 minutes.
3. Tip in the ground cumin and coriander along with a good pinch of salt and a few grinds of black pepper. Stir these wonderful gut friendly ingredients & spices together.
4. Now pour in a tin of chopped tomatoes and let the mix gently simmer for 10-15 minutes, until the peppers are lovely and soft.
5. Have a taste at this point to check for seasoning and add a little more/or leave well alone if it’s perfect as it is.
6. Time for the eggs now – Using the back of a wooden spoon make 3 wells in the bubbling sauce and carefully crack an egg into each well.
7. Increase the heat a little and allow the eggs to gently cook in the pan, effectively poaching them in amongst your delicious pepper and tomato mix.
8. When the eggs are cooked just the way you like them, you are ready to eat this gluten free feast! Top with a sprinkle of sumac and fresh herbs, and serve with a high fibre Genius Stonebaked Pitta Bread.
9. Top Gut Tip:Add a handful of chickpeas or white beans for a bigger fibre fix that your gut will love!