Prep time: 55 minutes
1 medium butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and diced
3 tablespoons of light extra virgin olive oil
Salt and Pepper
1 red pepper, diced
1 medium onion, finely sliced
2.5cm ginger, finely diced
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 red chilli, halved, deseeded and finely chopped
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground turmeric
500ml chicken or vegetable stock
1 can chopped tomatoes
1 ripe mango, peeled, and diced
2 tbsp roughly chopped fresh coriander leaves
4 tbsp Greek yogurt or plain dairy free live culture yogurt
Thick slices of Genius Joy-Full Artisan Loaf
1. Pre heat the oven to a warming 200’C
2. Spread the diced butternut squash over the base of a roasting tray, drizzle with 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
3. Bake for 20 minutes then stir in the red peppers and onions, making sure they are lightly coated in oil. Pop back in the oven and roast for a further 20 mins.
4. In a medium sized pan, heat the remaining tablespoon of oil and gently fry the ginger, garlic, chilli pepper and spices. How gorgeous does this combo smell? Spices are fragrant and full of fibre which is great for you and your gut.
5. Now add the baked vegetables from the oven to the gut lovin’ pan and pour in the stock, water and tomatoes. Simmer away for 10 mins.
6. Remove the pan from the heat and leave to cool for 5 minutes before blending until perfectly smooth. Give it a taste and season ‘til it’s just right for you.
7. To serve, ladle into 4 warmed soup bowls, place a spoonful of live culture yoghurt in the centre of the soup and sprinkle over diced mango and coriander. The yogurt will provide you with beneficial good gut bacteria.
8. Serve nice and hot with thick slices of our gluten free artisan loaf.