Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 5 mins
2 Genius Gluten Free Plain Bagels, halved and toasted
1 tin of black beans or refried beans
1 bunch Spring onions
2 large tomatoes, skinned
A dollop of sour cream OR live yoghurt
4 large eggs
Small bunch coriander
1 red chilli
Extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper
1. Did you know that we are meant to consume 30g of fibre a day? Sounds like a tall order but this egg and black bean topped bagel is absolutely loaded with fibre. You’ll smash this fibre target in no time!
2. For the guacamole, skin and stone the avocado, roughly mash it and add in lime juice, 2 spring onions finely chopped and a handful of chopped coriander leaves. Mix and season.
3. For the salsa, finely chop your tomatoes, place in a bowl and add 2 finely sliced spring onions, 1 finely chopped red chilli (de-seeded if you don’t want it too fiery), a little chopped coriander, 1 tbsp. oil and seasoning. Mix and adjust seasoning if needed.
4. Warm the gut friendly beans through in a small pan and prepare your scrambled eggs.
5. To assemble, place 2 of our brilliant high fibre bagel halves on each plate, pile on beans, top those with the scrambled eggs and finish off with guacamole and salsa.
6. Serve with sour cream on the side or dollop on some live yoghurt instead if you’d like to be extra kind to your gut. Live yoghurt contains probiotics which make your gut feel glorious.