Genius Gluten Free Plain Bagels
Chicken breasts, one per person
For the marinade:
1 tbsp. tandoori paste
2 tbsp. plain yogurt
2cm thumb of fresh ginger grated finely
For the dressing:
65g of live yogurt
2 handfuls of fresh coriander and mint leaves
2 spring onions
1 clove garlic
Juice of 1 lemon
For the salad:
Fresh mango slices
Finely sliced spring onions
Prep time: 15 mims
Cooking time: 20 mins
1. For the mind-blowing marinade, mix together the tandoori paste, live yogurt, and ginger and use to coat one chicken breast per person. Cover in cling film and pop in the fridge for half an hour (or even better - overnight if you have time, but even 30 mins will absolutely transform the humble chicken breast)
2. To cook the chicken place it on a lined baking sheet (foil or greaseproof) and pop in a pre-heated oven at 220c for around 20 minutes, until the chicken is super succulent but cooked through with juices running clear. Leave it to cool a little then slice across the breast.
3. Meanwhile, create your dressing by whizzing the ingredients in a blender until you have a fresh and zingy green sauce with all the herbs finely chopped.
4. To assemble your high fibre bagel, cut in half, pop on some crisp leaves, mango slices, and your cooked tandoori chicken. Finally dress with the yoghurt and herb dressing for an exciting and tasty lunch.
5. This dish is already exploding with flavour but you can add cucumber, fine slices of red onion, mange tout peas, or other raw salad ingredients to this to make it your own. Increasing your plant variety (fruit, veg, herbs & spices) is an extra step to loving your gut so go for it!