Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 6 minutes
Genius Super Seeded Rolls or Boosted Brioche Buns
2 spring onions, finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped
2cm piece of ginger peeled and finely chopped
1 medium red chilli
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon ground cumin
Finely grated zest of 1 lime
1 tablespoon Thai sweet chilli sauce
1 tablespoon tamari sauce
1 slice Genius White Farmhouse bread
1 tablespoon of finely chopped fresh coriander leaves
Generous pinch of Salt and 4 grinds of black pepper
700g good quality pork mince
Go on… garnish your burger:
8 romaine lettuce leaves, cut across into thirds
1 red pepper cored and finely sliced lengthways
1 handful of bean sprouts
4 spring onions finely chopped on the diagonal
5 tablespoons of good quality gluten free mayonnaise mixed with 2 tablespoon of Thai Sweet Chilli Sauce (check the label for gluten)
1. Place the spring onions, garlic, ginger, chilli, coriander, cumin, lime zest, chilli sauce, tamari sauce, gluten free white bread, coriander leaves, salt and pepper in a food processor and whizz to a fine paste. This paste will be bursting with flavour – just check out those ingredients! Variety is great for the gut so these burger patties will keep it smiling.
2. In a large bowl add the spice paste to the pork mince and mix with your hands until everything is well blended.
3. Create burger shapes with the mixture, each pork patty should be roughly 8-10cm across and 2cm deep.
4. Cover the burgers with cling film and chill.
5. Prepare the garnish ingredients and the chilli mayonnaise.
6. 30 minutes before you’re ready to cook, remove the burgers from the fridge and fire that BBQ up.
7. Once the barbie coals are white hot, place the burgers on the grill. Listen to that sizzle…
8. Grill the burgers for 3 minutes on each side or until they’re well browned and cooked through.
9. Serve on a halved and toasted gluten free roll or brioche bun, generously spread with chilli mayonnaise and topped with the prepared lettuce, red pepper, bean sprouts, chopped coriander and spring onions. These high fibre veggie toppings take this burger to a whole other level. Enjoy!