Prep time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
For the hamburgers:
1 medium onion, peeled and finely diced
500g lean beef mince – the better the quality of meat, the more mind-blowing the burger!
2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped
1 slice of white Genius bread, whizzed into gluten free breadcrumbs in a food processor
2 teaspoons of wholegrain mustard
1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
1 tablespoon finely chopped thyme leaves
2 tablespoons of beaten egg
2 generous pinches of Salt and 6 grinds of black pepper
Extra virgin olive oil
Now for the garnish:
Romaine/baby gem lettuce leaves
2 tablespoons of good quality mayonnaise
1 red onion, peeled and sliced into thin rings
Genius Brioche Buns
3 ripe vine tomatoes, thinly sliced
1. Take a medium-sized bowl and mix in all the burger ingredients. Fry a teaspoon of the mixture in a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil and taste to check the seasoning.
2. Shape the raw beef mixture into eight burgers approximately 1.5 cm thick and chill for 10 mins.
3. Fry, grill or barbie the burgers for 3-5 minutes on each side till they’re just the way you love ‘em!
4. Now the fun part… building the gluten free burger:
Lather the base of the Genius brioche buns with mayonnaise (or some hummus is delicious) a lettuce leaf and any other vegetables you can think of. Red onion? Yes. Tomato? Absolutely! Sauerkraut and mushrooms? Go WILD! Veggie variety is great for you and fibre packed, not only will your loaded burger taste phenomenal, but it will make your gut sing.
5. Enjoy, before someone steals a bite!