Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Genius Pitta breads
1 bag of baby kale
1 clove garlic (finely sliced)
For the dressing
2 tbsp. tahini
2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 clove garlic (crushed)
6 tbsp. warm water
Juice of half a lemon
1. To make the gut lovin’ grain salad, first cook the quinoa in plenty of boiling water for approx. 10 minutes. Check it as you don’t want it crunchy, but you’re not making porridge - like goldilocks once said, you want it just right!
2. Drain the quinoa thoroughly and tip into a large bowl, mixing a couple of tablespoons of good olive oil through it whilst it’s still warm.
3. In a large frying pan or a wok, heat up the coconut oil, tip in the baby kale, a good pinch of chilli flakes, and garlic. Stir for a couple of minutes. Trust us, your taste buds will thank you. Chuck this gut friendly mix in with the quinoa.
4. To make the velvety vegan dressing whisk all the ingredients together until you have a nice, smooth texture. Give it a taste and salt and pepper it ‘til your heart’s content.
5. Serve like a boss by shredding some parsley and lemon zest to sprinkle on the quinoa and kale mix. Pop into the toasted pitta pockets and serve the dressing in a small jug or bowl on the side.
6. There you have it – full of fibre, gluten free and wonderfully vegan – yum!