Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Your favorite Genius bread or roll, we love our Superpowered Super Seeded Farmhouse for this one.
Butter for spreading
1 large skinless boneless chicken breast, sliced lengthways
For the marinade:
2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
Zest and juice of 1 orange
1 large garlic clove, crushed
2 grinds of black pepper
For the salad garnish:
1 medium orange, peeled & sliced into thin rounds
1 scallion, finely sliced
4 mint leaves, finely chopped
1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
Pinch of salt and 2 grinds of black pepper
1. To begin this gluten free and dairy free masterpiece, blend the marinade ingredients together in a large bowl.
2. Add the chicken breast and coat with the marinade. Cover and leave in the fridge for at least 30 minutes – the longer the better for extra intense flavor.
3. Preheat the broil and whilst you wait for it to heat up, toss the watercress, orange, scallion, mint and olive oil in a large bowl.
4. Season with salt and pepper and get tossing again. (Side note: oranges and scallions are fiber-tastic and are gloriously good for your gut health, yum!) Set the salad aside.
5. Remove the beautifully marinated chicken from the fridge. Place on a sheet pan. Broil for 3 mins on each side, or until deliciously charred and cooked through, brushing with the remaining marinade from the bowl at least once on each side.
6. Slice the cooked chicken and stack on the high fiber Genius bread.
7. By now your mouth will be watering with the summery smells but don’t worry, you’re almost ready to dive in. Place a handful of the salad on top of the chicken, gently press the top slices of bread in place and serve up!