Prep: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 80 minutes
1lb onions, thinly sliced
2 sprigs of fresh thyme
Salt and ground black pepper
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tsp of corn starch
2 pints fresh chicken stock
3oz Gruyere cheese, grated
4 tsp Dijon mustard
4 slices Genius Feel Good White Farmhouse, cut into circles with a pastry cutter.
1. Melt the butter in a large casserole dish and add the onions, thyme and season with salt and pepper. Cover with a lid and fry slowly and gently, stirring regularly for about 45 minutes or until very soft and caramel brown.
2. Onions are pretty amazing because they’re packed with prebiotic fiber, so this dish will be oozing with gut loving greatness.
3. Stir in the garlic and fry for 30 seconds. Then stir in the corn starch, add the stock and stir until it is boiling. Simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Whilst the soup is simmering away, preheat the oven to 400°F.
5. Mix half the cheese with the mustard and plenty of black pepper. Spread the mixture onto the gluten free bread then place each slice on the surface of the soup.
6. Sprinkle over the remaining grated cheese. Did you know that Gruyere contains probiotics making this soup an easy cheesy way to keep your gut happy!
7. Place the fiber jammed soup in the preheated oven for 15 minutes or until the cheese is perfectly browned and the soup is bubbling. If you close your eyes, the warming smells will be enough to make you believe you are on a cobbled street in Paris. Bon appetit!