Prep: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Genius Feel Good White Farmhouse – GUT TIP: our breads are bursting with fiber making this dish good for the gut!
2 red bell peppers
2 finely chopped anchovies
1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp of small rinsed capers
Freshly ground black pepper
1 tbsp of finely shredded basil
1 clove of garlic
1. To make gluten free bruschetta simply cut our soft and tasty bread diagonally across into large triangles or cut out large rounds from each slice with a pastry cutter.
2. Bake the prepared bread on a sheet pan at 400 F for approx. 5 minutes or until crisp and golden brown.
3. Broil 2 red peppers on all sides until the skin is blackened. Place in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap and leave to steam for 15 minutes. Remove the plastic wrap, and peel off the pepper skin using a small, sharp knife. Core and de-seed the skinned peppers and thinly slice. Here’s a cheat’s tip for you! You can buy ready-made roasted red peppers in the grocery store… they are equally as yummy and good for you and your gut.
4. Place the pepper slices into a bowl, and mix in 2 finely chopped anchovies, a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil and a teaspoon of small rinsed capers.
5. Season with black pepper, stir in a tablespoon of finely shredded basil and heap onto the gluten free bread, rubbed with garlic and drizzled with olive oil. Bon appetit!