Prep time: 25 minutes
1 tbsp. light extra virgin olive oil
1 leek, finely sliced
5 garlic cloves, crushed
1 fresh red chilli, halved, deseeded and finely sliced
2.5cm fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
1 tsp turmeric powder
2 cups homemade chicken or vegetable stock
2 cups water
4oz red miso paste
juice of 1 lime
2 skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced across or 14oz of silken tofu, diced
9oz small broccoli florets
2 handfuls of roughly chopped kale leaves
2 bok choi, leaves separated
6 fresh shiitake mushrooms, sliced
Salt and pepper
1 handful fresh cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
1 handful beansprouts
2 large scallions, finely sliced
Genius Artisan Loaf
1. Let’s get cooking! In a large pan, heat the extra virgin olive oil over a medium heat. Add the leek, garlic, ginger and chilli and stir continuously for about 2 minutes. Mix in the turmeric powder and fry for 1 minute. The power of these ingredients and the healthy gut bacteria they provide is amazing!
2. Add the stock, water, miso paste, lime and tamari and bring to a gentle simmer. If you didn’t already know, miso is a fermented food and the health benefits are fantastic.
3. Now you can add in the chicken or tofu, broccoli florets and sliced mushrooms. If using chicken, perfectly poach for 5 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
4. You can now pop in the kale and bok choi and simmer for 2 minutes before sprinkling in the fresh cilantro, beansprouts and scallions. The gut loves veggie variety so this is a great soup for keeping your gut smiling!
5. Give the broth a taste and season with salt and pepper if necessary (watch out as miso paste is naturally quite salty). When you’re happy with the flavor then ladle into bowls and enjoy.
6. Serve with Genius Artisan Loaf for an extra fiber hit.