Prep time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
4 oz (dairy free) butter, softened
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
6 large flat mushrooms, stems removed and finely chopped
2 slices Genius Feel Good White Farmhouse – whizzed up into gluten free crumbs in a food processor
1tbsp chopped thyme
1tbsp chopped parsley
Zest of ½ lemon
Salt and pepper
1 egg, lightly beaten
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. Arrange the mushroom caps, top down on a sheet pan.
3. Beat the garlic into the butter and divide 2/3 of the butter between the mushroom caps.
4. Melt the remaining butter in a pan and add the gluten free breadcrumbs. Gently fry until golden then tip into a bowl.
5. Stir in the thyme, parsley, lemon zest, chopped mushroom stems and season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir in the beaten egg.
6. Divide the breadcrumb mixture between the mushroom caps.
7. Bake for 15 minutes or until the stuffing is golden brown and the mushrooms are lovely and tender. Serve immediately and use remaining slices of the Genius bread to mop up the herby juices.