Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
2x 400g cans of kidney beans, rinsed, drained and roughly smashed
Gluten free breadcrumbs made with 2 slices Genius white or brown bread
1 red chill, deseeded and finely chopped
1 handful of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
2 finely sliced spring onions
2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
1 egg, beaten
1 heaped teaspoon ground coriander
Salt and pepper
Vegetable oil for frying
2 ripe tomatoes thinly sliced
1 ripe avocado, peeled, stoned and thinly sliced
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
290ml soured cream
6 Genius Seeded Rolls, cut in half
1. Making the burgers - tip the beans into a large bowl and roughly smash with a potato crusher.
2. Mix the gluten free breadcrumbs, chilli, coriander, spring onion, garlic, beaten egg, ground coriander and seasoning into the mashed beans. This high fibre combination is a flavour sensation!
3. Get your hands in and form the mixture into 6-8 patties.
4. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a frying pan.
5. Fry the burgers until golden brown and a little crunchy on both sides.
6. Place a bean burger in each roll and cover with slices of tomatoes, avocado, red onion and a dollop of sour cream and serve immediately. Bangin’ bean burgers = done!